Let's talk Hanna Calcium checker

Bigjohnwoody

Well I just got to use my Hanna Calcium Checker yesterday for my first time. First time I checked my calcium it was at 537. I figured it was user error maybe since my elos kit read 480. My Calcium has gotten a bit high for me as I like it around 450, but 480 is acceptable 537 is high. Today I check it again and really made sure I did everything exactly as directed. My reading was 578 Elos still says 480. Is this thing really that far off on the high side? Perhaps I really am that color blind, and it has been that high the whole time.(laugh) Anyone else getting similar results?

As of now my verdict of the calcium checker is one of three things. 1. It's a huge piece of junk and I wouldn't give it to my worst enemy. 2. I truly am mentally handicapped and can't figure it out. 3. I got a defective model. I checked my Calcium again today and it read 580! Checked it also with Salifert 450 and Elos 460, color verified by the non colorblind person in my household, my wife. Will be calling Hanna tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted.

Well I called Hanna this morning. They informed me that my filter guys RO/DI unit is not pure enough and will not work with the checker.... Huh? So what they are saying is my unit that produces 0 TDS out of my RO unit and then travels through my DI resin and leaves that at 0 TDS is not good enough??(scratch) So they are going to send me there lab grade DI water to see if I have a defective unit, or if my RO/DI unit won't work. If this is the case, and my RO/DI unit is not good enough at 0 TDS. No way on Earth I am gonna go out of my way to buy DI water to use this. Tge Tech department at Hanna was very polite and once he figured out I actually knew what I was doing, he was very apologetic. He acted that regardless of the case they would be there to stand behind their product.

Archived