Normal behavior?

Kempo66

My wife saw a Yellow Watchman Goby the other day, and decided that she had to have him. I jumped at the chance to get her more interested in the tank. My problem is that, after putting him in the tank, he is MIA. Do they generally dissapear for days on end, or should I assume that he sleeps with the fishes??? (scary) How long should I wait before I start looking for another Goby, to appease my better half?

It might not be gone. If he's a new addition he might hide for a few days till he get used to the new tank. How big is the tank? And what are his tankmates? If they are aggressive he may hide for a few days. I had one in a 75 gal that was MIA for like 2 months. Then I found his house on the backside of the tank under a bunch of rock. He hid almost every time I walked by.

When i got my wrasse it dove into the sand and was gone for a good week, hiding in the sand doing nothing. Then one day I woke up and he was cruising around the tank looking for pods like if nothing had happened. So I wouldnt worry just yet.

Archived