looking for a better sump

kschaefers

So the sump I have now is just something I threw together for the time being and I've been wanting to get a legit one for a while now, not one that is just a 20 gal tank with spacers in it, I just don't think that it works the way it should and It just worries me haha so if anyone has a sump tank that isn't extremely large I would be interested I can pick up in Eugene or Springfield but I don't have enough time to get all the way to Portland or Salem because of work and a busy schedule but I will pay any shipping if that's an option, let me know, thanks, I will post the dimensions of the space available after I'm off today

Thanks

Aren't you with the house on a large lot and you had a garage sale the same time I was picking up some frags? heh heh DOH!

I do have one sitting around that is 24"Lx10.5"Dx14"H still in the paper wrapper from the edge of the filter sock to the first baffle, it's 10.5" and in the return area is an adjustable ATO bracket for a float switch or . . .? and big enough for 2x mag 9.5's

small-sump.jpg

The filter sock holder is 10" high from the bottom of the sump and the one pictured has the 6" plastic ring in the opening

Filter-sock-holder-3.jpg

Filter-Sock-in-place-1.jpg

ATO-bracket-2.jpg

material is 1/4" clear cast and all edges chamfered so nothing sharp corners to cut your self on, $140.00

Huh, my sump is just a 20L with an acrylic baffle thats not even glued. Works great for me. All a sump is really for is to increase your water volume and a place to put equipment you don't want in the display.

wel my baffles aren't glued in either or anything its just pieces of acrylic that are bent so they stay in place and I get a lot of microbubbles and sediment stuff that hangs out in the return part so it makes the water look dirty, plus I'm looking to use the 20 gal for a qt tank from now on, my last two fish died, all whiped out in the last week besides the watchmen

Archived