Cabinet in process

jabrbox

Well working on the cabinet is a little more than I expected, not too awfuly bad though, the only issue is when i applied the stain last night, it was the wrong color or the wood did not take the stain as expected(flame)(flame)(flame)

Not sure what I am going to do now, maybe live it for awhile, about ready to spray paint it all black!2011-06-25155632.jpg

FITTING THE DOORS

2011-06-25211737.jpg

STAIN FIASCO

2011-06-27064732.jpg

looks good but it doesnt match the light oak that the lights are in that sits on top of it(wife)(scratch)(nutty)

I think its call minwax? something like that "classic oak" that looks like a dark oak, like I said very nice looking color but it kind of defeated the purpose cuz its not matching and i wanted to still use the same top, with the heat involved on the top i dont feel warm and fuzzy about trying to stain it to match, plus i dont think i would be able to get it to hold without sanding it all down.

Well I think that I decided to sand down the sides of the original top and stain it to match the cabinet, I will leave the lid alone though, does anyone see any potential issues with that? After that is complete I can build the bottom to match and it should come out pretty good. After poly it last night I starting to like the new color better. Here is some more pics

Original top and bottom that i slapped together to hide the sump

2011-06-06224848-1.jpg

new color after poly

2011-06-27182810.jpg

2011-06-27064732-1.jpg

2011-06-27182821.jpg

Archived