marineland eclipse pfe3 lighting issue

Dustin

my GF's mom just got an eclipse setup off CL and got it home and cleaned up and got new bulbs for the light then realized the starter is bad on both sides is there any place that sells just the starters cuz she paid 50 for the setup and dont really want to put another 50 into a new lighting setup for it please help

What is she planning on using the tank for? If for saltwater she might be better off ripping the hood off, since if memory serves the eclipse tanks have the filtration built into the hood, an picking up an AC70 or AC110 HOB filter and modifying it into a refugium an then picking up a 70w or 150w MH an calling it a day. Or, if for freshwater call marineland n see what they can do.

What kind of bulbs are they? May be ballast, not starters. I would first try taking the hood appart and checking all conections first cuz if it was used as a salt tank could verywell be just salt creep, or loose conection. If not that then ya I would look into upgrading the lights, take back the new bulbs and use that $ to get like PAR38's or something if going saltwater.

it will actually just b for a FW tank i did take it apart and the starters on it look like christmas lights instead of what ive seen wjich is the white cap looking things ive looked on marinelands site for the part and they dont have it on there i did have someone tell me that the normal starters look like this on the inside of the cap so i was curious if i could take one of the white ones apart and wire the inards up?

Archived