Hydor koralia

dippin61

Well.. just picked up my #4 from joel today.. and man.. initial reaction is, this thing is a lot smaller in person, then from pics you see on the net. I mean, ive seen lots and lots of side by side comparisons of them, but man... this thing is small. And it seems to be fairly well made. people on RC say its cheap plastic, but.. w/e.. its seems sturdy enough to me.. i mean, how strong does it need to be?

the magnets seems hardy enough, and im gonna go throw it in the tank here soon.. i'll keep ya updated.

haha.. nah.. kids got me busy doing things, just cant take the time with them pawing at me to get it in the tank :p

Heres some pics until i get them in the tank. Ok, not as small as i thought, but still nice i think. and the magnet mount is awesome.

Heres the Hydor 4

hydor4.jpg

Hydor compared side by side with a MJ1200

hydorVSmaxi.jpg

Compared to the seio 820

hydorVSseio.jpg

Compared to a coke can

hydorVScoke2.jpg

hydorVScoke.jpg

Maxi impellar VS. Hydor impellar

maxiVShydorIMPELLAR.jpg

looks very nice, bigger than what I expected, but looks pretty streamlined. Got a chance to test out that bad boy yet? That propeller looks pretty cool...can you order replacement parts from hydor? Try modding that on a mj1200, might be pretty crazy.

just got them in... first thing i notice is, man i didnt realize how much light my seio 1100 blocked light from that side of the tank. With as open as the hydor is, it lets a lot of light threw.

The flow is quite dispersed. It looks like a lot of flow, but its not very "streamy". the flow doesnt go very far, but it is a nice wide flow. It definitely keeps up with the 1100.

happy so far. dead silent.. and i mean silent. unless you have your ear to the magnet, you cant hear it. and the magnet holds very well. looks pretty good in the tank as well.

i might get another, sell all my seio's, and run 3 of 4's.