Missing my big bi-color anthias and I think I know where it went!

NoobtoSalt

So I have had 4 bi-colors for a few months now and the largest one disappeared today. It was there last night and I came home from work this morning and it was not swimming around in the tank like normal. I fed the tank thinking it was hiding but it didn't come out. It was the largest of the bunch at about 5" or so and super healthy so I'm 99% confident it wasn't from not eating. My clowns just recently layed eggs but there is no way that they could have beat up this fish. (scratch)

So my last idea is my carpet. I didn't look at it till awhile after but I'm pretty sure it got him. the mouth looked really odd and I don't feed the nem so I'm guessing that's what happened. So that being said should I start to worry about this thing eating fish? Should I get rid of it? Might be for sale soon along with the little maxi if that's the case.

My fish are much more important to me than this nem. (laugh)

DSC_0004.jpg

Told you my carpet nem was a destroyer of anything that swims but clowns. Lost so many fish when it was in the tank to the same scenario. They just disappear with no bodies to be seen. Gave the carpet back to the LFS and fish stopped disappearing. Good luck with the nem. They are cool but not worth hundreds in fish I was dropping.

Just to give you guys an idea that maxi carpet is open to about 5". This green carpet is huge. I have a feeling that within the week it will be up for sale along with a few other things. I knew it could be a possibility but I just don't want to deal with another fish that decides to take a nap and get eaten.

Archived