BRS Reactor?

akambience

I am use the deluxe brs reactor. I like it a lot. It's really sturdy and easy to maintain, I would definitely recommend it. I don't have a sump so I have mine drilled into the wall above my tank.

2010-12-15_14-29-25_791.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have one, and i also have 2 of the TLF reactors. The TLF are nice cuz they can hang on your sump, but they are kind of a pain to clean. The BRS are nice cuz once you get them permanently mounted, though the plumbing they come with is permanent so you'll have to work something out there if you ever need to remove it completely. The media holders in the BRS reactors are handy.

What kind of pump will I need? I've read that 60-80 GPH is the target flow rate but BRS recommends the MJ1200' date=' at 300GPH. Do I need that much?[/quote']

I run mine with a maxi jet 1200. The reactor comes with a ball valve that allows you to adjust the flow through the reactor.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have the deluxe as well and am using a MJ 1200 to feed. It works well. They supply a push to connect fitting that will hook to the discharge of the MJ. Simple to install. One of the best bang for buck investments to my tank.

Archived