Copepods??

nhowe

Noticed an explosion of what seems to be copepods in the last two days. Copepods haven't been introduced by the bottles that you buy. Setup is relatively new, about a month. Just has a clown and an algae blenny, 5 turbos, 0 crabs, 0 shrimp. I can see the clown eating a few of them whenever they get close to him. They are really dense on the glass even with lights on. Photo is not great but shows density on the glass. I can see that the animals look to have two segments and antenna. Are these copepods that were just hanging onto the live lock? And should I put something in there to reduce the numbers? Or should I be worried about something worse than copepods?[ATTACH]11365[/ATTACH]

post-8112-141867786945_thumb.jpg

Hard to tell exactly from the pic but I would say yes they are Copepods. I don't know if it's possible to have too many. They are great for your tank and a great supply of natural food. They will come and go like that in cycles. Mine atleast do on the glass like that.

They look like copepods to me. I don't have a camera that will focus enough to get a good shot. But i just haven't seen so many so early in starting a tank. But their only predator is a clown in there. Who is lazy at best.

Archived