Do you know anything about this type of dosing pump?

impur

I got this from a friend, though i'm just now researching to see how this thing works. I don't think its peristaltic, and there is a little white marble that goes in the clear part where the fittings screw in

14061319.jpg

1d46ef48.jpg

b09af814.jpg

09e27f7e.jpg

Hey Miles,

There are probably two white balls for each head. These function with the pumping mechanism, such that when the pump strokes out, the ball on top will become unseated, and the ball on the bottom will seat. This injects whatever you are pumping to the tank. When the pump strokes in, the opposite happens: the top ball seats, and the bottom ball unseats, which sucks in from your feed chemical. Each stroke will inject a precise amount of liquid. There might be an adjustment for stroke length, to allow for a calibration. These are positive displacement pumps, meaning that, although they have low flow, they can develop a lot of pressure.

I took a look at the cut sheet, and noticed that they have bleed valve assemblies on the pump discharge. Do you have those too? It looks like these are used to relieve pressure on the pump discharge, and as a priming aid. You will have to connect a tube from the right side of the Bleed Valve Assembly to the chemical feed supply (it should recirculate during operation).

HTH

Kevin

THanks Kevin that DOES help!! Yes there are 2 balls per head, and i do have the bleed valves, i wasn't sure what those where they are T's with a valve control on them i was stumped lol thanks for the info!!

Archived