Sun Coral Feeding Tips/Tricks

C0lin

What are you feeding? I feed frozen brine that I unthaw and mix with water from the tank. I noticed that if they seem more active after the lights go out. But they can kinda be trained to be open around feeding times. Shut down the flow and fans, target feed them with a turkey baster should work. They should sense the food and start to open.

What are you feeding? I feed frozen brine that I unthaw and mix with water from the tank. I noticed that if they seem more active after the lights go out. But they can kinda be trained to be open around feeding times. Shut down the flow and fans' date=' target feed them with a turkey baster should work. They should sense the food and start to open.[/quote']

I used mysis shrimp thawed in tank water. I'll try turning off the flow and need to go buy a turkey baster. I have them located on the bottom, between two rocks, to try and keep them fairly shaded. I think I know a good spot that may have more shade during the day. I just don't want them to starve.

This coral looks cool when open but is a total pain. I got rid of it after a couple months. I wasn't for me. Lots of work, looks cool once or twice a day and thats about it. Otherwise its a bumpy orange rock. I hope you like it better than me. Might be cool if you grow it into a large section of the tank.

I'm just more of a night person, so I thought it would be cool to have something awake when I am. I'm still a n00b at this saltwater jazz, so maybe I should have accumulated more experience before messing with such a difficult coral.

Nah. They are cool and easy to keep alive from what I noticed. I became obsessed with feeding them. If they are open and eating they will live and grow strong. You have to remember that some fish stores don't feed their corals much. It still might be in somewhat of a shock from a long plane flight. Depending how long the store had it before you purchased it.

Archived