DIY Calcium/Kalk reactors

oldbrownies

Looks cool, though you might have trouble with the gasket seal under pressure -- I tried something similar on my skimmer and I found it'd leak over time. I ended up adding more nylon bolts/wingnuts.

...and I know what you mean about WIP pictures. I always intend on documenting the heck out my projects but once I get rolling I hate to slow down to take pictures.

I make "o" rings out of the rubber gaskets off of the instant ocean 5 gallon bucket lids. You're sealing a flat surface, so it doesn't matter what diameter of O-ring you use.

Just cut it to size with a razor knife and use superglue to complete the circle.

It doesn't take much superglue, just a little dab.

I've had a homemade O-ring in service for over six months without any leakage.

• 1 month later...
I cut my own gasket out of rubber gasket material: 1/4" ring' date=' 6" diameter. My next major project (Skimmer 2.0) will use a commercial o-ring in a routed channel -- the narrower the gasket, the better.[/quote']

Where did you get the gasket material? I'm in the process of putting together a dual stage reactor and one of the last things that I need to collect is the gasket.