Flame hawkfish

kknight

I was at a trustworthy fish store and saw a flame hawkfish . He is so cute. They told me and I read that they can be semi aggressive. But they say this one is not ,but is in a very large tank. Do some flame hawk fish act different than others ? . I have 2 damsels, 2 clowns , fire shrimp and sleeper head goby cleaner and crab

Will definitely eat your shrimp, my new flame hawk just did. But it wont be mean to your fish. I have found that they seem to get into fights with dottybacks and other fish that look like dottybacks like royal grammas, but that's about it. They are one of my favorite fish.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Here's my opinion on fish. They are a hit and miss. I have a flame hawk with fire shrimp and he lives them alone. I have a butterfly angel, flame angel and magestic angel and they leave my corals alone. That being said, you might get lucky. But always remember what their main food is and play it by ear. :)

Thanks for the help. I really like my fireshrimp, he is our 1st invertebrate and we were really proud when he molted. So I'll thinks about it. They are so cute :) We are going back to the fish store Fri I can check more closely what is in the tank with him. It is a 60 gallon tank.

Archived