digitate hydroids

impur

For some reason i'm having an outbreak of these bastages. I did not have any in my prev tank and i have not added any new rock. So i'm stumped as to how they got into the tank. At any rate, they are everywhere! On rocks, on my rock lifts, on the overflow, on the glass, in the sand. EVERYWHERE!

So a few questions. How to eradicate them? They just kinda went away before. If i use tweezers at night and pull them from where they are anchored, does that kill them? What if i pull one, it breaks in half and the half that broke off floats away? Does it anchor somewhere else and turn into a new one?

Any info appreciated!

Miles

I can't superglue some of them since they are growing on my plastic rock lifts, they just attach to the plastic. They seem to be bothering some of my corals, at night especially. A lot of my zoas that have the hydroids nearby close up all night since the hydroid rubs against them.

I have a single rock with colonial hydroids. I didn't know joes juice did them in, i'm doing it this weeking on those buggers!

digitate_hydroid.jpg