Wiring 2x96 watt pc

jasonv6974

OK i just got a 2x96 watt customsealife ballast and i am trying to connect straight pin end caps. i notice the wires comming out of the ballast have 4 different colors ( Black, White, Red, and Green). The 4 wires comming out of my end caps are all black but two of them are black with a white stripe. If anyone is familiar or can give me any imput that would be great on how i should connect these wires, i know each color needs to go to a certain wire but not sure whice ones go where. Thank you

Jason

Yeah the company is out of business and this is the closest thread i found dealing with wiring this ballast . . . {"Ok, well it ended up that you dont use the black wire at all...so for each end cap both red wires went to the one red wire for the cord from the ballast and both yellow wires went to the white wire. That was it. Oh also you need both sets wired for them to start correctly. I think there is only a starter on one of the outgoing cables in the ballast."} does this sound right? and if so , then this means i wouldnt connect the green (ground) wire to the endcaps at all, i would just have to ground it somewhere else? any help would be nice thanks

Jason

I believe so, well this didnt solve my problem still having issues with the ballast. anyone think they can help out let me know. It ran fine for a little bit then i shut it off, now when i try to turn it back on only one bulb is firing and i dont think it is firing full output. i dont know im thinkin on scratching this idea and just saving up for VHO's (scratch)