All my new corals and trip story! (Pics)

Bigjohnwoody

I wanna go on Saturday!!! Now I have to figure out how to pull that one over on the (wife)(plotting). Pretty sure it's gonna be a no way in Hell! Lol

The more the merrier John. Mr. S and Lowman are a trip in themselves.... Doesn't hurt to ask right? The burb seats 8!

I hinted around the idea and let's just say the look was a big fat Hell no! Lol. I tried.

(laugh) Well it didn't hurt to ask. How else are you going to know what your boundaries are? :)

The corals grow? Lol. I am gonna have nooo room when they grow. Already scared of how I'm gonna deal with that. Hahaha

Well that's when you break out the band saw and clippers and sell frags to buy more corals to crowd your tank more! And then when you still have no room you put up another tank! It's a vicious oh so fun cycle! (laugh)

Well since the (wife) is out for the evening I might as well go picture crazy. So here we go. So it was not on my Trip to Portland but on Tuesday I picked up my Westside Tri-color from Miles. Still a bit browned out but has good polyp extension so hoping it colors up soon. This thing is huge and the deal was amazing. Thanks again Miles(rock2)

attachment.php?attachmentid=11147&d=1302057502

Crappy pic of the TECO Favia I picked up on Beth's B-day run to Jody's.

attachment.php?attachmentid=11143&d=1302057421

Along with another crapy pic of my new Red Hornets I got from Jody as well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=11149&d=1302058309

I also got a sweet frag of Tyree Seasons greetings monti cap from Jody. Although this brings me too a whole new story. My long spine urchin decided to consume the entire thing in the middle of the night. It also decided to eat part of my hawkins frag, cali tort, and reeftech starburst.(flame) Needless to say he went back where he came from. I don't blame him I am sure he was hungry since he was huge and I have almost no algae in my tank but coraline. I imagine it was just sick of coraline so it decided to expand it's horizons and look for something that would get him taken out, and back to a tank with stuff to eat. Poor guy! Still mad at him though.

The first picture is not Westside Tricolor it's look liked rainbow tort, if you can get it to be happy it will have amazing color one of my favorite coral.

The first picture is not Westside Tricolor it's look liked rainbow tort' date=' if you can get it to be happy it will have amazing color one of my favorite coral.[/quote']

What do you recommend for lighting and flow for the rainbow tort? I have phoenix 14k 250w. High flow high light? Low flow high light? Etc.

Hey Tim here is the thread impur has that I bought it from. It's toward the bottom of the first page. Looks a lot better there when it was happy. Agreed not Westside tricolor but does not look exactly like rainbow tort either. Maybe it is though. I am colorblind. Kim can attest to that.

Franklin bought that coral from Westside and he claims it was labeled Westside Tricolor. I got the frag from him. I'll pm him about this.

I don't really care Miles. At the price you sold it to me if it's unknown it's a steal. Just want to figure out the name for sure if possible. No real worries my friend.

Yes rainbow tort and westside tricolor both are nice and my favorites.

It was in our first little sps frag pack that you made for us Tim and it's grown into a nice colony and has kept it's color even when the tank got too hot this summer and when the salinity dropped suddenly in the fall.