Questions on ReefStock

jgf86123

Hey guys, I've noticed that ReefStock '11 just finished up and that it was held in Denver at the Aquarium...

I have 2 questions:

1) Where and when are ReefStock '12 being held?

2) I wonder what it would take to get ReefStock in Seattle one year, at the Seattle Aquarium?

If that's the case, what would you think about attempting to organize something like that for the PacNW? We have such a large population of reefers and stores all in our tri-state area, I think something like that, if we could get it held on a yearly basis, that it could be as big if not bigger hit than the one in Denver.

Hey guys, I've noticed that ReefStock '11 just finished up and that it was held in Denver at the Aquarium...

I have 2 questions:

1) Where and when are ReefStock '12 being held?

2) I wonder what it would take to get ReefStock in Seattle one year, at the Seattle Aquarium?

Reefstock is always held in Denver. It is presented by Jake Adams (reefbuilders founder and from Golden, CO) and the local club for the Denver area. I attended Reefstock both this year and last year (I was the aquascaping judge last year). They hold it at the Downtown Aquarium....which is a fantastic local public aquarium. It's a great venue to hold this one day event. I'd say they had 500 folks show up each year. Folks come to see Reefstock....then get a 50% discount on the entrance fee to the Aquarium.Lots of families making a day of it. The reefing scene is quite large there for a metro area similar to Portland. The best part though is a Mexican Restaurant across the street that has 64oz margaritas.....with something like 15 shots in it. One of those....plus the 6000 ft altitude....and you won't have a care in the world......plus the after party which is held at the home of a local guy with one of the best 1200 gal SPS reefs that I've ever seen. His house is at the 9000 ft level. One beer there is like a 12 pack here. I'm just now getting over my hangover. Reefstock will remain a Denver event. It would be hard to copy here.....they have a lot stars aligning there.

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/10/12/rocky-mountain-reef-tank-twoyear-anniversary-update/