Anyone wanna lend me $2500...

Gill

I saw that and was trying to figure out the dimensions. Looks like it's about 30" high by 18" deep. Makes it look huge however I would have trouble dealing with the depth. (18" isn't enough for a big tank like that) I also was trying to figure out where the live rock is. Unless there is a sump underneath which I think would be mentioned in the ad there can't be much.

its a show tank. theres no way you could make this into a reef tank. and it does look like it may have around 30# of rock. I might pay a 1' date='000 for it. but no more than that. looks like its only about 12-14 inch deep.[/quote']

Honestly, I wouldn't give him a 1,000 now that I realize it's only a 240.

I saw that and was trying to figure out the dimensions. Looks like it's about 30" high by 18" deep. Makes it look huge however I would have trouble dealing with the depth. (18" isn't enough for a big tank like that) I also was trying to figure out where the live rock is. Unless there is a sump underneath which I think would be mentioned in the ad there can't be much.

That is was got me, I don't think I have ever seen a 240 long. LOL

Wish that was true, It's been for sale at least 2 monthes and it started out at $3k if I remember right and just recently lowered to $2.5k. It dose look like a standard 240 (96x24x24) I think it's the stand he's proud of, but ya not worth it!!! $1 a gallon for used tank, then add maybe 200 for stand and 150 for hood, the equipment running it is prob a couple years old and outdated and needs to be replaced so not worth much, plus since it is a fish only, it prob has been medicated and wouldn't sustain a reef anyway.