Red Sea Prizm Skimmer

JasonH

I have a Red Sea Prizm skimmer that I had when I started my tank. I'm not using it, so I thought I'd see if someone wanted it before I just tossed it.

That sound you hear is the collective eye rolling of the entire forum. This is not a good skimmer. It's a hang-on-back skimmer. Doesn't do a good job. And it's annoying to use because it breaks suction every now and again and you have to reset it.

So I'm not doing anyone any favors, you may hate me for giving this to you. But if you don't have a skimmer at all, it better than that. Not much, but better.

First dibs to TfT if they want it. Otherwise, first to post gets it. You must be willing to pick up Friday-Sunday. For the price of free, delivery is not included.

Donate it to TFT before tossing it, I've heard theres a few mods that can be done to those skimmers to make them "decent", but personally, even though I run skimmerless, I wouldn't use it LOL. But, TFT might have a use for it, hell, Roger's kids might have fun modding it.

I thought Roger had stepped out of the TfT role, and wasn't sure had taken over. I'd be happy to donate to the TfT - will even deliver and take a couple corals. I'll ping Roger and see if he's interested. I feel bad tossing it, but I'm not surprised there's no interest - it's definitely the Yugo of skimmers (didn't realize that when I was just starting out).