Opinions and recommendations needed on:

sharoleb

Looking to do an upgrade, and getting some new equipment also. Let me know what you think:

90 gallon tank

New sump: ADHI Refugium Model 30:

newsump.jpg

New Reef Octopus Needle Wheel Skimmer up to 150 gallons:

newskimmer.jpg

What submersable pump would I need to go from this sump to the 90 gallon/how do I figure this out? 4-5 feet up to the display. Also, questions on calcium reactor. We found this one by AquaC:

http://www.aquadirect.com/store/product.php?productid=31854&cat=1928&page=1#tabs

What would you get? Thoughts please.

For a return pump Sharol, I'd suggest a mag 9.5 or even a mag 12, that should give you more than enough return pump.

As for a reactor, look into dosing like what Alex(grassi) uses, from what I can tell from talking to him, it's more efficient and has less chances of something going wrong.

And if you're going to be doing that big system, you're going to want a controller, you could look into either the Reef Angel or the Apex.

And for lighting, I'd recommend an 8 or even 10 bulb T5HO unit by ATI, they have the powermodule and sun-something, the powermodule is expensive, but honestly, it's worth every penny. If you need or want to see one in action, check out both Alex's DT and Beth n Kim's new 150g, their ATI's rock those tanks.

Oh, an whats the link for the sump you posted, that thing is pretty tight. But, depending on cost, you should talk to wannareef(Charles), he builds awesome, and i mean, AWE-INSPIRING sumps that are superior in quality to 95% of the sumps you can buy commercially, and he's very reasonable on prices as well. So talk to him and see what he can do for you, if the price is close, I'd suggest using him, cause he'll customize the sump to whatever you want.

I was just at Alex's house today, should have asked him. I'll look into it, thx. We've been on the fence about controllors too, I might do it. I also want vortechs too though lol. DOH! For lighting we are going to use what we have, dual 250 watt phoenix 14k w/ 2 48" uvl 454 t5. Just got new bulbs. I've seen Kim & Beth's light though, that thing is sweet.

The sump we found on amazon, search "ADHI Refugium Model 30" there. I thought about having one made but we already bought this one, I really liked it.

The skimmer is just fine, the sump will work, I just like plugging Charles's work in the hopes that all the plugs will get me a discount when we have him build our sump LOL.

The lighting shouldn't be an issue, I just, and I've used both, prefer T5HO's over MH LOL.

If you can snag em for a decent price, a pair of MP40's will ROCK that tank, you'll have no dead spots with very little work LOL. As for the controllers, they're awesome for being able to set everything to do what it's supposed to do at what times and what not, and not really have to worry about it, you can even access some of them from your cell phone or laptop, which is an AWESOME ability to have when you're traveling.

Ok, so when I wrote this thread I had not yet bought the 90 gallon. As of last night, with a huge thanks to Cos from Ocean in a Box for the delivery, (rock2) I am now the proud owner of a 90 gallon Oceanic Tech Tank w/ Starphire glass on 3 sides. Woo-hoo!!!!! Robert & Cos are going to order me a Mag 25 this week, and my husband is going to get a stand from them today. I am really looking forward to changing my build thread from my 75 to the new & improved 90! (clap)

Ok' date=' so when I wrote this thread I had not yet bought the 90 gallon. As of last night, with a huge thanks to Cos from Ocean in a Box for the delivery, (rock2) I am now the proud owner of a 90 gallon Oceanic Tech Tank w/ Starphire glass on 3 sides. Woo-hoo!!!!! Robert & Cos are going to order me a Mag 25 this week, and my husband is going to get a stand from them today. I am really looking forward to changing my build thread from my 75 to the new & improved 90! (clap)[/quote']

In my opinion oceanic tech tanks are the best glass tanks built. You will love the tank. Congrats

Bumping this up for a question on chiller size. 90 gallon tank w/ 35 gallon sump, 2 inch sand bed and tons of live rock in both tank & sump, not really sure how many actual gallons. A 1/10 or a 1/4 chiller? House gets super hot in the summer, I'm working on those issues but want to make sure I get a chiller that can handle the high temps. Thanks.