OIAB OIAB OIAB OIAB OIAB

NoobtoSalt

Free plug yet again. Stopped by OIAB today and saw a couple fish I was interested in. I decided to not do another tang as I seem to have difficultly keeping them. So with money in my pocket just burning a hole in it I decided I was just going to get some schooling fish after staring at the anthias the whole time I was there.

So I got 4 Banggai cardinalfish.

Picture187.jpg

But of course I couldn't stop there. I also got two bi-color anthias. I will get a third one at some point in time but I needed to stop at some point today right...DOH!

Picture188.jpg

Keep an eye on the bagaii's if you see one or more start to get picked on get it out or it will be dead. Males bangaii's will not school together.

Nice to know. So far so good. The only one that was being picked on was from my leopard wrasses of all fish..DOH! Not sure why the wrasses was feeling that it needed to pick on the cardinals but we will see.

I hope to get some anthias some day. 40 gallons only goes so far though' date=' so might just have to admire yours .[/quote']

Check out some of the disbars. I have two in my son's nano tank. They don't get very large and they have been extremely happy in his tank for almost 6 months now.

ya OIAB is my new Favorite LFS :) great deal everyday!

Yeah my favorite shop too.. It's nice to have them so close to the house here.

Keep an eye on the bagaii's if you see one or more start to get picked on get it out or it will be dead. Males bangaii's will not school together.

I was just going to say the same thing. Adult bangaii's don't play well with each other, unless they are a mated pair, or all female. Once they get older and they start to pair up let me know and I will buy a pair, I want to be the Barelycuda of bangaiis haha.

+1 Keep a close eye on them because Bangaii's will start to pick eachother off untill there is only one left. Not a good fish for groups unless they are a mated pair.

Well that was my bad not theirs. I figured they were a good schooling fish. They all seem to be hanging out with each other now so we will see. If it does become a problem I will sell off a few. No biggie.

I was just going to say the same thing. Adult bangaii's don't play well with each other' date=' unless they are a mated pair, or all female. Once they get older and they start to pair up let me know and I will buy a pair, I want to be the Barelycuda of bangaiis haha.[/quote']

Ha Ha that's funny :) I have a pair of bangaii's that the male won't hold the eggs past 6 days. It seems it is not uncommon so I guess I will try to start stripping the eggs and incubate them artificially. Kinda sucks as they were supposed to be easy to breed....

Ha Ha that's funny :) I have a pair of bangaii's that the male won't hold the eggs past 6 days. It seems it is not uncommon so I guess I will try to start stripping the eggs and incubate them artificially. Kinda sucks as they were supposed to be easy to breed....

I read that young males will do that, or even eat the eggs. Once he becomes more experienced he should stop.

Well that was my bad not theirs. I figured they were a good schooling fish. They all seem to be hanging out with each other now so we will see. If it does become a problem I will sell off a few. No biggie.

Juvenille Bangaii's will school together. It isn't until they start to reach sexual maturity that you will start to have problems. If you start to see 2 fish hanging out consistently away from the others you most likely will have a pair and get the rest out. Once a pair is established they will not tolerate others.

Juvenille Bangaii's will school together. It isn't until they start to reach sexual maturity that you will start to have problems. If you start to see 2 fish hanging out consistently away from the others you most likely will have a pair and get the rest out. Once a pair is established they will not tolerate others.

Hmmm. maybe once I get a breeding pair I could sell them for more....(scratch)