Best Lighting???

Gill

I am looking for everyones favorite lighting brand.

I really like Jalli and current. Never been a big fan of coralife or PFO. Anyways let's here your favorite(s) and non favorite(s)

I am a fan of Current USA fixtures, both in T5 and Metal Halides, even PC...every light fixture I have ever owned since getting into the hobby has been Current USA, its too bad they pretty much stop making fixtures...Never had a problem with any of them. Since I have never owned anything else, I have nothing to compair them too, so my opinion should be taken with even less than a grain of salt...LOL

I am a fan of Current USA fixtures' date=' both in T5 and Metal Halides, even PC...every light fixture I have ever owned since getting into the hobby has been Current USA, its too bad they pretty much stop making fixtures...Never had a problem with any of them. Since I have never owned anything else, I have nothing to compair them too, so my opinion should be taken with even less than a grain of salt...LOL[/quote']

I totally agree, I don't have much to base it on but the current pc fixture I owned was the best :-).

i really like my pfo retrofit setup. but i have had bad experience with ice cap. they are too delicate. i hear workhorse is the bomb

I bought a PFO mogul set up a long time ago. I didn't have a stand to house the ballast and my son came up and unplugged the pendent, this created an inch and a half of blue lightning bolt. Needless to say that was that, I sold it after using it for 30 min LOL

I tried many lights. So far ATI are the best for t5 that I have seen or tried.

As for combos, I've seen a few tanks with ELOS, Sfiligoi and Aqua Photon and I have to say they are the best fixtures in the order.

WOW Elos makes some nice stuff!!!

I bought a PFO mogul set up a long time ago. I didn't have a stand to house the ballast and my son came up and unplugged the pendent' date=' this created an inch and a half of blue lightning bolt. Needless to say that was that, I sold it after using it for 30 min LOL[/quote']

i ended up modifying the ballast with new plugs. i rewired to have the sunlight supply ones that are WAY more beefy.

as far as sunlight supply. i heard good reviews, but then i orders a reef optix 2. and it came to me disfunctional (i ordered two, one worked one didnt). so much for "quality in the details" that it reads on the box lol. no offense joel

I've used 2 work horse 5s for a few years now and they have been perfect. I've also used a 400w magnetic mh ballast from tri phase electronics was around 38 bucks from what I remember, and I've had about 4 years of use out of it with not a single issue. It sits in a old 50cal ammo can :)