I NEED TECH HELP ON LIGHTS

cklskypilot

I have some old 400 watt 20k mh lights and just replaced them last night with 400 watt 14k Artemis so heres the problem they are putting out a white/yellow light. they also dont seem to come up to full brightness. could it be that my ballest are week? the old bulbs I took out put out a white/blue light but I had some back up 20k bulbs that when installed also put out a white/yellow light. is it possable to run 250 watt bulbs with a 400 watt ballest looking for idea's into solving this problem.

the difference between 20k and 14k in color is huge. You will get a more yellow light from 14k and 20k is more blue.

I would have the bulbs checked at a LFS to see if you get the same effect with the "weak" light you talking about, If it is much brighter at the LFS than I would say you need to look into a different ballast or getting this old one repaired.

I bought the bulbs new/used they have 2 weeks on them. If it was not for the new blue T5 running in the tank it would be yellow color. the ballest are retro fit and I run 2 of them. they came out of a warehouse and were made into a lighting for a aquarium. I was told that these 14k artemis have a white/blue light. and puts out as much blue as a lot of 20k bulbs out there. I am going to call the lfs that I bought them from and see what thay have to say.