fragging mushrooms

loke

i read once that mushrooms can self reproduce by moving and leaving a piece of foot behind that adventually turns into another mushroom. That said, can I slice a piece of the foot of a mushroom (and it wont kill the mushroom) and a baby will grow from the severed piece?

Yah that will work great! I have a yuma that takes a walk from time to time. Started as 1 polyp and i have about 20 now!

Just slice small pieces of the foot. Might as well do 4 or 5, they will all form new shrooms

care to share some yumas?:D

yep' date=' should be fine. garf.org has some good info on mushroom fragging. when I do it I slice of the cap and pie it up. every piece should grow a new one![/quote']

I never new of sites, clubs. In the beginning, I found Garf. I have had severall conversations with Leroy. Followed his bridal vail. Works like a champ. I highly recomment a look at by all. www.garf.org

Is there one method that has a higher success rate? I think I'll start with the numerous discomas, and as my fragging confidence builds, work my way up to the yumas since some of them are single polyp frags.

1. bridal veil

2. razor

3. yogurt cup

4. crushed coral

got it!

Im more of a instant gratification guy.......i super glue them where i want them.....

Its kind of a brutal process.....but they get over it after a few days...

1. take a q-tip and rub the underside of the shroom where you are going to glue it dry.......keep doing it until it stops sliming...this will take a few q-tips

2. dry the piece of rock or rubble that you want it off at the spot you are going to glue and put a glob of glue there

3. Set the shroom in the glob and leave it on the counter for 20 minutes or so.

4. put them where you want

I have forgot about them for hours on the counter and they still are fine

the key is exposing the flesh for the glue to burn and stick to and not the slime.......

i have some green mushrooms in my tank that ive smeared and cut off the rock multiple times in an attempt to kill them off and limit their colony. its of little use' date=' even smearing them into paste eventually begets more mushrooms. i doubt you can go wrong with a razor blade.[/quote']

no doubt! I have some hairy mushrooms that just won't die. scraped, smashed, smothered, and back they come. guess ill have to take out the rock if i really want them gone.