A little advise please

J & Jr

I have been working on setting up my new tank for some time now takeing my time trying to do it right. But now there is a new Sense of Urgency my 55 has sprung a leak! so my question is how large of a footprint do I need in my sump for a skimmer that will handle a 90gal tank? I need to cut and glue the new sump/fuge to night if possible and just need a ballpark idea.

Totally depends on the skimmer.

I like ASM's and Euroreefs skimmers as they are a set it and forget it type skimmer. The ASM's are a better value IMO, but the ER's are definitely nicer and more conveniont for cleaning. Granted neither isnt going to pull out as much gunk as a beckett driven skimmer, but i would rather get an oversized skimmer for my system that will work well every day without having to mess with them every few days.

I would try to put the biggest sump you can underneath and put the biggest skimmer that will fit.

An ASM G-3 would do a great job for you on that tank....a g2 would suffice. footprint of the G-3 is 11x 12 i think. You will want a couple of inches to spare in the skimmer section so you can easily take it and the pump out every now and then to clean.

You will want the sump designed around the skimmer so that the water level never changes in the skimmer section if you truly want control of your skimmate with any similar in sump skimmer

hth