Red Slim Alge

Chemi-Clean works. Follow directions carefully.

You still need to find the underlying reason and correct that. Or it can/could return.

+1 on fallow directions carefully! And have a %20 water change standing by! I dont remember if it tells you or not but make sure to turn off your skimmer untill after water change and remove your carbon if using. I dont know how many times I have acidentley left my carbon bag in my sock when treating! lol

Man you guys are great. Here is what I'm thinking. Adding to the clean up since I think my wrasse has eaten all my snails, or at least I can't find any when I looked. I'll try the black out and phosphate treatment, as well as a water change to try and pull out by hand what I can. If that doesn't work then I'll go with the Chemi-clean. I'm a little gun shy on the chemical thing after being a little too aggressive with an ick treatment and losing some corals. Thanks again!!!

Dont worry about the chemiclean I just did mine and went light on the dose cause you can re dose in 48hrs. Mine was gone in 24 but I did a light 2nd dose just to be safe. I have sps' date=' lps and inverts and they showed no sign of any issues.[/quote']

That's the way to do it. First dose kills it. And the second dose ( not necessarily lite, can be the same dose) takes care of what was left in the spore form! It's similar to when the doctor prescribes you antibiotic, you have to typically take it for 10 days, even when you feel better after 5 days!

Dont worry about the chemiclean I just did mine and went light on the dose cause you can re dose in 48hrs. Mine was gone in 24 but I did a light 2nd dose just to be safe. I have sps' date=' lps and inverts and they showed no sign of any issues.[/quote']

That's the way to do it. First dose kills it. And the second dose ( not necessarily lite, can be the same dose) takes care of what was left in the spore form! It's similar to when the doctor prescribes you antibiotic, you have to typically take it for 10 days, even when you feel better after 5 days!