A couple shots...

AC-k3v

A couple new guys entered the display this week. I tend to pick out the beat up fish. Something about nursing them back to health and watching them get better.

Chevron Tang

Tank2_037.jpg

Tank2_041.jpg

Male Ventralis (Females are coming on the next flight in)

Tank2_042.jpg

Tank2_043.jpg

Also some randoms pics i took...

Tank2_040.jpg

Tank2_039.jpg

Tank2_038.jpg

R.I.P. - Male Flame wrasse. Found up against the Vortech and he didn't make it. I'm sure the larger of the 3 females will turn male soon.

Kevin

Dude.....I've never seen a Ventralis Anthias til now' date=' and I'm not sure I want Jess to see one after seeing it LOL Even beat up it's still the prettiest Anthias I've ever laid eyes on.[/quote']

Agreed

Sweet longfin Kevo! Dig the Helfrich's as well' date=' ive had one for awhile and I love it. Hey, how dificult is it to keep a longfin Anthias? Have you had them before? Ive been looking at them for awhile.[/quote']

This is my first... We get them in from the Marshall Islands, not here in Hawaii. The Hawaiian version is deep water and require colder tank temps. Most divers won't collect them as they are a pain to decompress. Most will not live through the swim bladder being poked and no diver wants to wait for a true decompression. Time is money in that world.

He was very skittish in the first 24 hours and pinned himself at the top of a cave in my rock work. After the first day it would hang by the entrance of the cave, but would hide if anything swam by. Toward the end of the second day it seemed interested in food floating by during feeding. First feeding of the third day it nibbled on anything that floated by. Second feeding that day it actually came out for food, but would not get in the mix with the others.

Today is the fourth day and he is right up with all my other fish during feeding time. Hoping to have a few girlfriends for him next week or the following. Definitely a beauty, but with any anthias they need heavy feeding. I normally feed heavy twice a day, so i hope that is enough.

Kevin

Kevin, tomorrow evening, our time LOL I'd love it if you'd hop in chat then, I wanna talk to ya about some stuff, including Anthias' feeding and what-not, we've got this purple queen, an she's healthy, an eats, some, but she's a bit of a loner most times an I'm leary of heavy feeding, since I'm going skimmerless for now lol.