Pump issues?

tanktop74

Ok, I have my new SPS tank set up and think I am having issues with this pump....

ALEX... help me out here, you know what pump I have!!

Check out this video and see what this thing is doing.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1511857957121

Also I am getting a ton of microbubbles when the pump kicks back on....

Anyone with any ideas?? I am truly stumped!

looks like you need alot more water in your sump to handle the pump, BUT it looks like the size of the sump is to small for that amount of water, Make sense?. Valve the pump back and try to balance the the overflow/return, if you have to fill the sump too much it may not handle the backflow when the pump is shut off

LOL where am I gunna put a bigger sump? That thing is huge compared to my other sump.... Great.... one thing I really didn't think of and its gunna be a pain in the arse to fix if that is the case.... I will await the final thoughts of sir Grassi!!! LOL

looks good' date=' add a little more water[/quote']

Will do, just as soon as my poor RO/DI catches up with me! Am I good for tonight or should I just run powerheads and add more water in the morning?

Thanks all for the advice, I appreciate it!!!

That is a shame that you can't utilize the full power of your return, I remember you saying you had hoped to get most, or all your flow from the return instead of having to run korillias in the display. Is that a dart pump? It looks like it could move 3000 GPH LOL. Maybe you could run it on a closed loop and use a blue line for the return?

Sorry, I'm only now able to read the forum.

The return chamber is too small for using the pump at full throttle as everybody else suggested. That was also my concern when I saw the strainer (get rid of it).

I would run that sump without a return chamber. It is long enough for not giving you microbubbles problems. I don't have any baffle in my sump and the only bubbles I see are fish farts :)

I would drill an hole at the very left side, move the skimmer as far as you can on the right and put a small sock on the exit of the skimmer.

That way you should be able to run at full throttle without cavitation

Sorry, I'm only now able to read the forum.

The return chamber is too small for using the pump at full throttle as everybody else suggested. That was also my concern when I saw the strainer (get rid of it).

I would run that sump without a return chamber. It is long enough for not giving you microbubbles problems. I don't have any baffle in my sump and the only bubbles I see are fish farts :)

I would drill an hole at the very left side, move the skimmer as far as you can on the right and put a small sock on the exit of the skimmer.

That way you should be able to run at full throttle without cavitation

Can you make the basement stop sounding like Niagra falls too Alex?

Love the soundtrack

That would be Rockband and the lovely drumbeats of an eight grader (laugh)