Ciliated Mantis Shrimp (Pseudosquilla ciliata)

AC-k3v

Thats cool!!! I've been thinking about getting one' date=' I think it's a peacock, the one that has all the colors.[/quote']

Those you speak of are beautiful! This species i caught are found in a range of colors, but nothing like the peacock.

ya that was a question how long will it do good in a 3 gallon tank?

Not sure... I would assume for a while since they live in a hole the size of a fat graffiti marker and usually only come out to hunt.

I've read a lot of people keep theirs in 10g tanks. I think i got one in the closet somewhere. I can always move it if it looks stressed. unless i sell it first. lol

well i wouldn't be ready for it yet but i was just wondering i might want to get the peacock mantis but im not sure yet... are they hardy or sensitive... im wondering what type of filtration for a 10 gallon?

I'm just using a cheapo filter with a carbon bag.

master:PLX029.jpg

Here is a cool article i just found:

http://blogs.thatpetplace.com/thatfishblog/2008/07/03/mantis-shrimp-order-stomatopoda-%E2%80%93-breaking-research-and-care-in-captivity/

http://blogs.thatpetplace.com/thatfishblog/2008/07/16/08/

Tupperware' date=' awesome. Man I was in Oahu in early december for 5 days and I soooo wanted to stop by your place but I swear I spent every free minute in the fricken H1. lol[/quote']

You should have looked me up. F_CK the H1! I hardly ever go into town or waikiki. I lived in Waikiki for 2-1/2 years and then in Makiki (up the street from Ala Moana Mall) for another year before moving to the west side. I don't miss it one bit. That traffic is horrendous.

The worst is coming from town to the westside in the afternoon rush hour. Crazy to see 7 lanes across bumper to bumper from the stadium to Waikele. It'll take you two hours to go 15 miles. (flame)

Kevin does have some mad photog skills, that's for sure

Yo Kev, what would you suggest I add to the system, livestock wise, once I put the frag tank online, I've got a nano I can plumb in, 15.5 bare tank that's drillable....

With all these tanks you should just trade them in for a 150g. lol just playin'... wait until you move for the 150g. hehe

I don't know what you have to make any suggestions. Shoot me a PM with your stock list.

k3v