jgf86123

Ok, so currently my CUC consists of the following:

Sandsifting Conch - 1

Sandsifting Star - 1

Assorted hermits - 18 +/-

Nassarius snails - 2

Turbo snail - 1

Unknown Nassarius type snail - 1

Now, I'm running a 40b, 80lbs of sand, 45lbs of sand in the DT, another 25-30 in the 55g sump, and a fairly heavy fish list...

I'm looking to add the following, is this enough, not enough, what?

Emerald Crab - 1

Tonga Nassarius snails - 3

Banded Trochus snails - 3

Tiger-tail Cuke - 1

What else should I add to this list?

Thanks

Mick... you run a dirty tank man... the more CUC the better! Go for more snails, trochus are good, like astrina but they can flip themselves back over... I also like bumble bee snails, they get around and are pretty to look at...

OH and don't forget to through some snails in the sump! My sump has never been so clean since I threw my CUC from the FOWLR tank in there!

I don't know much about tiger cucs... but you need to add that seahare too!

No seahare, not after reading up on em, but I'll go with the tigertail, it does a better job than the sea hare, from what I've read, an it's safer LOL.

Yeah, I know I run a dirty tank lol....I need to get another filter for the return pump, well, not so much filter as sponge guard....Once I do that, I'll gladly throw snails in the sump LOL.

No seahare, not after reading up on em, but I'll go with the tigertail, it does a better job than the sea hare, from what I've read, an it's safer LOL.

Yeah, I know I run a dirty tank lol....I need to get another filter for the return pump, well, not so much filter as sponge guard....Once I do that, I'll gladly throw snails in the sump LOL.

Better and safer?? how so?

They eat everything the sea hares do, basically, yet unlike the sea hares, they don't release a toxic chemical into the water if they get scared :P

You have to have good filtration, chemical such as carbon or GFO reactors, if you want a sea hare, an they're better for larger systems as well, because of that fact :P

Hermits/snails

When I had my 55 I had at least 50 of scarlets and 50 nasarius + 5 emerald crab, 1 serpent star, 1 brittle star, 1 porcelon crab. Now while I had shells for them to grow and take over they will always battle. Some will die so you end up with maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of what you started with. I definatley think you need more then what you have in there my friend.

yeah

that sounds like a great list. I would make it 3 or 4 emeralds. They keep my rocks lookin great. They also clean any garbage or dead skin off my sps. A porcelon might be a good adition as well. Fun to watch as they use there nets to scoop up phyto. Hey Garrett has a sick deal going on now for clean up crews. May want to check him out.

Yeah, we've discussed various crews before LOL

I've got a PM out currently, once I get it back, I'll see where I go from there.

Need to know how much is needed to save up, an hopefully take advantage of Nick's sale this Friday, already told the GF we're going, even though it means we gotta get up early....

Gettin up at 830 in the am blows, we usually sleep til 2-3 LOL

You know when you type your message then you hit something by mistake and your message is gone? I hate it!

A resume of my message:

I would avoid any kind of crab

Next time you swing by remember me to give you a few of my little snails. They will keep your glass clean. They started reproducing in my tank, so I have some free cuc now :)