Acclimating tank to new light bulbs

Mitchell

I just remembered that my new ATI t5 light bulbs are coming tomorrow. I am currently using two 12,000k odyssea bulbs and two actinic odyssea bulbs. I am switching to: 2 ATI blue+, 1 ATI aqua blue and an ATI purple+, so its a change in both par and spectrum. Do I need to acclimate my coral and clam to the new light bulbs, or do I just run them as normal.

I just remembered that my new ATI t5 light bulbs are coming tomorrow. I am currently using two 12' date='000k odyssea bulbs and two actinic odyssea bulbs. I am switching to: 2 ATI blue+, 1 ATI aqua blue and an ATI purple+, so its a change in both par and spectrum. Do I need to acclimate my coral and clam to the new light bulbs, or do I just run them as normal.[/quote']

So you are going from PC to T5? What is the total wattage for each fixture?

So you are going from PC to T5? What is the total wattage for each fixture?

Nope the odyssea bulbs are T5 also. I am using the same fixture, just switching bulbs. I am running the blue+ for normal hours, but I am only running the aquablue and purple+ for 4 hours. Each day I'll leave them on a little longer. Does this sound like a good strategy?