45 gallon frag tank

NoobtoSalt

Ok so I did it. I picked up another tank. That makes 4 total now. I wanted to get a frag tank so now I've got one. It's going to be in the garage and if you are part of any of the growouts know that they will not be in this tank they will stay in my main tank for safety reasons.(clap)

I will show it off more when I get it all cleaned up. It's going to be a lot of work but it was well worth the price. Oh yeah I'm also going to start another build thread for my parents 75 I just started yesterday!!!

I'm going crazy doing two builds at two different houses at the sametime but that's what reefin' is all about!

Pics to come in the next few days but wanted to start a thread for it.

Can't wait to see where you go with it.

I think I'm going to keep the deep sandbed but the rock I think is going into my parents tank that I'm starting to build. Not sure what's going to happen quite yet. I have another week to decide before my BRS group buy goes through so we will see....LOL.

Should I scrape it or leave it?? I personally like the fact that there is that much coraline algea but not sure if too much is a bad thing or not.

IMG_1799.jpg

Lots of nems, lots of starfish. Going to be a great project for me.

IMG_1798.jpg

Shrooms that were on some of the live rock that came with the tank.

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

Thats awesome coraline growth. Some people hate it, some love it. Personally I love it. I soak my powerheads in vinegar every couple months to clean them up. About a 24 hour soak and they look and run like new.

Looks nice.

Sorry to hear about your trigger in the other tank. I love my pair of bluethroats, would be devistated if something happened to them.