Water feels very warm

lucid

Im seeing a low around 79' date=' and a high around 83 or 84. What can i do to stabliize these temps, or do you think they are fine? I have LPS, soft corals, 2 firefish, and 2 clowns in there.[/quote']

as I stated in my first post, point your power heads towards the surface of your tank and agitate the water. Blow a fan across the water's surface. Evaporation removes heat from the tank. You can easily bring your tank's temperature down a few degree's in a few hours with this method. I have tried the ice packs in the sump and it barely dents the temp when your in the 80's and melts 1gallon jugs of ice fast. Check the temperature of your house, if you have a warm house it could be adding to the tank temperature. I don't have to run any chillers on my tanks, but it may be something you might have to look into if your worried about temperature swings.

One thing that can add to the heat will be a pump that's wearing out or that's dirty. I'm guessing that you can probably control it with the methods Robert mentioned above however if nothing seems to be working check those pumps. (Probably should check them anyway) Put your hands on them and see if they are hot, if it's a submersed pump then see if it's substantially warmer than the water. (If you can feel a difference then it's adding more heat to the water than it should be)