So I picked up one of these guy today Melanurus Fairy Wrasse

Hozer21

I hope it makes it i have tried two other times and it didn't work out well at all (sad) .My wife really liked it because she picked it out and then it didn't work at all & here goes the story with this wrasse . The first time I had it in my tank for about 3 days or so and then I never saw it again . I think because I had to much going on with 4 tangs and it was a smaller Wrasse but I could be wrong. Then the second time we got it it lasted 3 days again and then nothing other than a dead wrasse . So if anyone out there ever had the same problem like this ?? I just had to ask . My wife really liked it and we got it again & I didn't want to because I knew it probably wouldn't last like the other ones before but my wife wanted it and we got it because I didn't open my mouth and say what I was thinking even thou I wanted to I thought it would be better to keep my mouth shut on this matter. Sorry about that I had to vent a little. I will post pics if it last more than 3 days

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, they're not fairies. Mine is pretty bold, he steals pieces of squid right out of my eel's mouth! And once in a while he'll get mad at the tomato clown for whatever reason and spin around him like crazy with his fins up. No biting though.

When I first got it he dived right into the sand and I didn't see him for 2 days or so, but then the next morning he was out and about. (And soon ate every copepod in the tank) So if you don't see it for a couple of days it's pretty normal. If 4 days pass and you still don't see it, start digging through the sand for it.