What T5's?

lucid

You have 2 bulb options that will work. You can either run 24w 24" bulbs side by side or 54w 48" bulbs. I would run the 48" bulbs myself. Note: The 48" bulbs are actually about 45 3/4" long. You just need to decide how many bulbs you can get inside the fixture now. (There are already enough ballasts to work with 4 of the 54w bulbs)

so could i fit 4 t5 48" bulbs in there?

Maybe. It will depend on whether you use the T5 reflectors or not (2 to 3 inches wide) and whether you can get T5 Endcaps that are not too wide (I've seen some that are about an inch). Keep in mind though that 4 T5HO's will put out a lot of heat which you might not be able to keep cool in that fixture.

what about if i put two 24" T5's in there along with the two 24" Actinics?

actinic is just the spectrum the light gives off. T5 is the type of bulb. T5's can be any kind of spectrum from 6500k daylight to pure actinic. so your question is a little bit flawed being that actinics are t5's, unless your talking about running actinics in a different type of bulb such as power compacts, vho's or LED's.

what would be my best option with this fixture?

it depends on what you can physically fit in there. if you can do it, i'd use 48" bulbs, better bang for your buck when it comes to replacing bulbs. i would run 1 white actinic, 1 12k daylight and 2 454 actinics.

Does the fixture have fans in it? Can you add a fan or two? With T5's it's important to keep them cool as they lose par value when they get hot (Plus it reduces their lifespan). How wide is the usuable area for lights (front to back)? I would probably put one 48" T5 in there for every 1/1/2" to 2". This is a bit more than what is actually suggested for retrofiting into a hood which is one for every 2" to 3" however that is using individual reflectors which usually dictate the spacing. (I don't think you can fit waterproof endcaps and individual reflectors in that fixture)