I need help getting fish out of tank ??

Hozer21

Ok So I have a damsel and a black saddle back clown that are just tearing my tank apart and picking on other fish in my tank. So other than tearing my tank apart and or trying to us an net what else can I do . I know fish traps but do they really work or is there other ways to do this . The only reason I have these two fish is because my wife wanted them and now she understands why I didn't want them in my tank to began with . So any help would be great .

I "rented" one from Saltwater Fantaseas on 4 seperate occasions and have always caught the ones I wanted.

The last go around the fish I wanted was the last to go in the trap so I ended up trading all the fish in and getting new ones-I did the home made trap but my tank is such I was not able to place it on the bottom of the tank so it did not work.

Google homemade fish traps-Its only a nickel to see if it works

Good luck

Fish traps work good' date=' might take a bit for them to get comfortable with them, but they have worked for me a number of times. Granted every fish you dont want to catch will go in there first.[/quote']

I had my Tangs get stuck in the trap and I had to pull it out of the water to get it out

Fish traps work good' date=' might take a bit for them to get comfortable with them, but they have worked for me a number of times. Granted every fish you dont want to catch will go in there first.[/quote']

This is very true, they also seem to bring food out to the one you want to catch(laugh)

Thanks for all your advice on this matter and Ill try to make my own first to see if it works for me but if not Ill have to go rent own or something. I just don't feel like emptying :eek: my tank to get a couple fish out . Ill take my chances (scary) and we shall see but I'll let you guys know how it goes and thanks again for the info