Needin some help

jgf86123

Ok, so I took my water to Steve's today to get it tested, and these are the results he just shot me:

KH 13

Ammonia .25

Phosphate 0

Nitrate 10

PH 8.1

Calcium 380

Mag. 1260

How in the name of the gods do I have ammonia I do not know, but apparently I do LOL. I'm wondering if there's anything in those tests that could be causing my problems? I plan on doing some pretty massive water changes starting first of the week, I'm gonna mix up roughly 30g of water commencing tomorrow to get things started, and then do anywhere from 20-30g changes every 2 days for 2 weeks, then get it all tested again and go from there. I'm using Kent salt currently, have about 150g of mix left so I should be ok for a few water changes at least LOL.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Plus, anyone know who's got the best prices on Filter socks? I need a couple and wanna know where's the best place to get em cheap.

Thanks

Mick

Hey Mick, I would test your water again, just to be sure. Maybe the container you used for transporting the sample could be the reason.

Ammonia in a mature tank means that a tank it is not able to decompose the waste produced by the livestock. So it could be that the filtration system it is not adequate compared to the bioload and/or that you need more water changes.

Is the 40b or the nano having problems?

It's the 40b, and it was probably the cleaned out with hot water sprite bottle i used to transport the water to Steve's house that did it LOL

Or he could be reading it wrong, he's getting old ya know and his eyesite's probably going :P

I dont get it, my FS was the only thing looking bad other than my Duncans, hell, even my nem is looking great, it's frustrating as hell, I can't wait to get my new stand put together so I can move everything and finally get my skimmer working LOL.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr It'd be soooo much easier to fix my problems if my [language filter] stand wasn't so friggin short. That's what I get for letting Jess convince me to make sure the stand matched all the other furniture.......

Next one is going to be 40" tall :P Plenty of room to work with then LOL.