Frogspawn help

jgf86123

My frogspawn released today and is now floating around the tank with little pieces falling off of it periodically, should I just remove it or what? And is it dead or is it propagating? LOL I dunno and I'm kinda puzzled by it...

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mick

hmmmmmmmm, well, I'll be getting my water tested as soon as I can get to Nick's, my current tests are way out of date and me not being able to drive anywhere really sucks LOL.

Any ideas on what the issues could be? I'm almost positive my PH is low, mine seems to stay low unfortunately :( Guess I need to invest in a new PH kit at the least, and I know for a fact my nitrates are high as hell, according to my outdated test kits, my nitrates are around 200, but, my RBTA seems to love it, my acan an favia are always nice and puffy, and of course, my zoos LOVE the dirty water, so I dunno.

Steve, you got pm man lol.

well you seem to know whats wrong with your tank i would do a water changes every other day over the course of 2 weeks to get all your parameters in check.

low ph do you have a canopy and closed off stand?

try opening the doors up and open a door the room that its in place a fan to circulate the air. that should help with the gas exchange

No canopy at all, bottom is nice and open as well, with a nice light over the sump/fuge.

Thats the plan on the water changes, heading over to Steve's this afternoon to pick up a 35g tub so I can do some massive water changes over the course of the next couple of weeks, probably gonna wipe out my supply of salt, but oh well, LOL. Water changes are just a PITA where my tank is located and with my stand height.

Word of advice for all thsoe planning on building their own stand, do NOT, repeat, DO NOT, build your stand so that it's only 24" tall, it's a HUGE PITA to get into it and if you want to do anything, well, you can forget it LOL.