Road trip to Medford a photo log!

Emerald525

Yesterday Beth(tanktop74) and I made the most awesome road trip to Medford to see the coral mecca known as Totally Exotic corals. Here is a photo log of our journey.

Everyone likes pictures!

Our first stop was in Salem. We met Jadams. He doesn't look anything like his avatar.;) I was expecting 70's style decor and was disappointed. Just kidding Jay.

We got this hammer coral for Jay. Nice colony for the price!(clap)

DSC05990ARW.jpg

We met Mr. S (Roger there) too and gave him some donations. We were supposed to be there at 9am. We made it at 903am. Roger tried to give us detention for being late...(laugh) Middle school teachersDOH!. Did not have time to check out his school as Roger likes to talk and we knew we would never make it to Medford!(laugh) Next time Roger. By the way he needs funds so check out the TFT forum!

Then we stopped at a rest stop because poor Beth could not get in a word in edge wise between Roger and me to ask to use the restroom!(laugh)Then off to Eugene where we met Impur and Algae to drop off the growout zoas for Impur to do his magic

This is where Miles performs his magic zoa growing factory

DSC05908ARW.jpg

Anyone from the first growout wondering about those purple hornets?

DSC05915ARW.jpg

Here's his new 40B frag tank

DSC05909ARW.jpg

DSC05918ARW.jpg

Here's the lighting and Algae hiding

DSC05910ARW.jpg

You can run but you can't hide Algae!(laugh)

DSC05911ARW.jpg

After leaving Mile's place in Eugene and stop for food we made it to TECO!(clap) around 2pm to drop off items for him and pick up items for us. We wanted to save on 35 dollars shipping by spending 100 dollars in gas!(laugh) Just kidding Jody half the fun was getting there and we were not disappointed!

After we gave Jody the secret password and he blindfolded us and drove us in the last 2 miles ;) we were able to see Totally Exotic Corals of Oregon. He did allow me to take a few pictures as long as they were not dirty....(nono)

This is where all those nice corals are grown!

DSC05944ARW.jpg

Got Nems?

DSC05940ARW.jpg

Pay attention to the supplies..(plotting)What would reefboy use?(scratch);)

DSC05939ARW.jpg

I thought this tank that was covered up must be some secret coral growing factory and that he would have to be killed if we saw it......(laugh)

DSC05942ARW.jpg

It's actually his display tank in the house!(clap)

DSC05921ARW.jpg

DSC05935ARW.jpg

DSC05936ARW.jpg

DSC05934ARW.jpg

DSC05931ARW.jpg

DSC05926ARW.jpg

We were there 2 hours with all the bagging and buying and it went quickly! Isn't that always the case?We heard about another saltwater store down the road called Reef tech. It's a very nice store. A little pricey but nice display

DSC05946ARW.jpg

Nice show tank! Did you see the size of that clam?!!:eek: Frank I think your clam finally met its match!

DSC05959ARW.jpg

DSC05960ARW.jpg

DSC05951ARW.jpg

DSC05953ARW.jpg

DSC05955ARW.jpg

DSC05948ARW.jpg

DSC05958ARW.jpg

Last but not least we made a stop in Grants Pass to a pond/saltwater shop called the Frog Prince. Got a good deal on a titanium heater. Decent prices on supplies not much as far as corals and fish. Nice guy said it was the slow season

Interesting people. I spent half the visit trying to convince the woman working there that corgis are not rare and that are pomeranian chihuahua mix was not a miniature doberman!(laugh)

DSC05961ARW.jpg

So there you have it. I finally made it to the holy grail known as TECO. Jody hoped we were not disappointed?(nutty) How could we be. Very awesome people along the way and awesome corals. I would definitely do this again but next time get a better nights sleep the night before! We got some great stuff from Jody and I will post pics of that later! Next time Garrett will have to stop and see you on the way up or down and Roger you should just come along next time ;). I hear you and Lowman fight like two women!(laugh)

Seriously I talk to much??? Hmmm kettle vs frying pan comes to mind!!! Let me know the next time you are making a road trip!!! Cool pics. Glad you had a good time

Ummm yes Roger you do talk a lot. I did not say too much...(laugh) I am guilty as well. I said between the 2 of us we talk too much. Poor Beth could not get a word in to ask to use the restroom.:eek:

I will definitely let you know next time we do a road trip. The Frog Prince guy remembered some crazy school teacher that went through his shop..(laugh)