Plumbing assistance request

CA2OR

I put this in DIY as it would be a DIY project as far as I can tell.....I need to plumb my 14g into my 60 and could really use some help. If someone wants to come over here and help me I will pay you in corals.....figure $50 to $100 worth for this. I know it isn't super difficult but I don't know how to do it and I dont want my display, 14g, or sump to overflow....EVER!. But I do want both tanks to benefit from eachother and the sump.

I wish I could help, but I'm leaving town and kinda busy with the baby...

I would suggest you to gravity feed the biocube from the cube overflow, then go back to the sump from the biocube back chamber. This way you don't use the pump flow more than you are already doing.

The only problem is that if I remember well from some pics I've seen you don't have a lot of working space behind the cube

Yes there is some limitations in space in the back. This is going to take some thought I am sure....and I understand the whole baby thing....trust me.....that is why I am willing to pay someone to do it. In coral anyway....can't do much cash

Can't you just run a small pump from the sump to the small one and run plumbing back from the small one to the sump? Should be pretty easy to do. It's basically just using your large tanks sump as the sump. Its exactly how I set my brothers up.

But I need the "overflow" from the little one to automatically start if power were to fail then return. Not overflow.

If the power failed it would only drain to the level of the back box. Do you have to small of a sump to allow both tanks to drain to the bottom comb of the back boxes without overflowing?

I guess I dont get what the problem is.

I'm always hesitant drilling glass, always preferred acrylic :) If this tank is going to be a permanent attached tank I would just eliminate the built in filtration on the biocube and give your self that much more room in the tank.

If its something you want to keep as an AIO tank, then I would recommend just getting another tank all together to drill and plumb into the main display. I'd just pickup a used acrylic 20gallon or something drill it with bulkheads and plumb it off your existing pump, or throw another pump down in your sump.