My soon to be 33g

MrScuito

This is the tank I got to replace my 72g. When we moved from our 1700sq ft. rental to this smaller 730sq ft. home that we are buying. My large 72g seemed just too big and overbearing. So, when my mother said she did'nt want to deal with plumbing the 33g she had just bought at an auction (for $26 with stand, sump, built-in-overflow, skimmer and return pump) and was gonna put it up for sale for $100 I jumped on it. All I need to get is some lighting. Mom did forget to bring me the skimmer and return pump but, I had a spare pump and I like my CPR skimmer to much not to put it on the 33g.

Demintions are 24"L x 18"D x 18"T almost a cube but not quite

DSC02175.jpg

I think the sump is 10g not sure though

DSC02176.jpg

has a nice refrium area upfront and I like how its plumbed (I think I did it right.) However its a lot louder then my nearly silent 72g (sounds like a indoor waterfall) I took off the cap on the stand pipe and put some floss media in its place and it got a little quiter but not much. Any ideas? I'm sure where the overflow drains into the ref will quite down once I put macro in there.

and heres a crappy pic of the back of tank and one of back of sump

DSC02144.jpg

DSC02143.jpg

but I hate to wear socks! I mean I get too lazy to change them. yeah I was going to have it expell under the water line near the bottom but I ran out of 90 deg. elbows and money. The part that is really loud is the stand pipe cap on, cap off, small hole in cap, big hole in cap still very loud.