HYDOR wavemaker help

mattv

I have a used hydor koralia wavemaker with two koralia heads that I bought from a old member on the fourm. He was using magnets from a glass cleaner on the outside of his tank to hold them in place. I was given the original magnets that came with it and one just doesnt hold the head in place. I looked at my tank this morning to find it had fallen down again and had sucked up my coral banded shrimp or at least one arm of his and covered all of my zoanthid frags with 2" of sand. Does anyone have any ideas on how to cure this? I have tried to get them to stick but they just wont stay put. Its an acrylic tank just over 1/2" thick and it almost seams like the polarity had been changed on the one head that keeps falling down.

They are the new style and they do have the suction cups that hold for a few days then they cut loose, I have gotten to the point that I will tie up the cord on the one that doesnt hold to try and keep it from falling and it does well for a few days.

They are the new style and they do have the suction cups that hold for a few days then they cut loose' date=' I have gotten to the point that I will tie up the cord on the one that doesnt hold to try and keep it from falling and it does well for a few days.[/quote']

are they on acrylic or glass? i have a hell of a time with mine staying on acrylic once a little algae film builds. glass, i have a hard time even getting them to move with force.

Yes its acrylic and they are a bit dirty so I will try scrubbing them down and see if it helps. I leave it unplugged once it sticks and it stays put till a few days after I fire it up then in falls down again and its driving me nuts. Reefit I still have your candycanes and would like to get them to you.

Yes its acrylic and they are a bit dirty so I will try scrubbing them down and see if it helps. I leave it unplugged once it sticks and it stays put till a few days after I fire it up then in falls down again and its driving me nuts. Reefit I still have your candycanes and would like to get them to you.

I would clean both the tank and the suction cups really well, use a little bit of soap on the suction cup and clean it up really well, then put a little bit of 100% silicone lubricant on the suction cup.

As for the canes, we can either meet up at SWF sometime or either you or I could come over and check out tanks this week too.

It might be an acrylic thing, I have about 6 of them and never had that issue. I did find out you can take that entire magnet suction cup apart.

Also, since im a dummy and managed to drop my k4 yesterday while I was cleaning it and broke the mount from the magnet to the powerhead(second time I have done this). I emailed hydor.usa@hydor.com and asked how to get the little shafts replaced. They emailed me back today asking for my adress and said he would ship me two new ones. Free. Yet to get them since it was today, but thats pretty cool.

Ask them about the magnets.

With my old acrylic tank I never had an issue with the powerheads staying attached. Even with the new glass tank still no issues. I have two new models the 1050 and the 1400. Once in awhile the magnets fall off but the suction stays tight so I still don't have any worries with them. I know that doesn't help you in this conversation but it sounds like you just need to scrub the tank a little more. Good luck!