tenius

Gill

so I got this frag and love it!!!! I noticed some growth right away, but now the color is starting to fade. I guess I shouldn't have tried to grow it under t5s with no reflectors (sad) Is it going to die if I don't re home it or will the color just go away. DSC_3197.jpg

if your new to this, stick with softies and LPS like frogspawns, torches, hammers. if you like the SPS, birdsnests are much easier and hardier. I started out with the green birdsnest. Also orange montipora cap is usually an easy sps to grow as well. Hydnopora is also easy but can get pretty aggressive towards other corals.

if your new to this' date=' stick with softies and LPS like frogspawns, torches, hammers. if you like the SPS, birdsnests are much easier and hardier. I started out with the green birdsnest. Also orange montipora cap is usually an easy sps to grow as well. Hydnopora is also easy but can get pretty aggressive towards other corals.[/quote']

I usually always get bullet proof stuff. I guess I let my confidence level get up a little to high LOL.

theres nothing wrong with trying something new especially when its a cultured frag but you do need to learn ware your tank is at by testing but to be honest I have seen sps do well in systems with low alk,cal, mag levels as well as high so theres no perfect number but by the looks of the polyp expansion its happy and I'm sure the browning is due to lighting you may want to move it up off the bottom close to the lighting and it may surprise you.

theres nothing wrong with trying something new especially when its a cultured frag but you do need to learn ware your tank is at by testing but to be honest I have seen sps to well in systems with low alk' date='cal, mag levels as well as high so theres no perfect number but by the looks of the polyp expansion its happy and I'm sure the browning is due to lighting you may want to move it up off the bottom close to the lighting and it may surprise you.[/quote']

I don't really have much rock so I cant really move it up unfortunately.

thats too bad as I bet if you were to get it in the upper half of your tank it would be fine

Thank you for the vote of confidence I had thought it was probably a lighting issue. They next tank I set up I think I will go MH with more rock. My current tank has so little rock and light I call it a lagoon LOL. It is a good stepping stone though.

Here is a link to my tank thread to give you a better idea of what I mean http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19507

You could always get a frag rack Gill. Soon enough you will have one anyway

The problem I ran into with trying to set up a frag rack is that all the light is kind of centered in the hood so that the back and sides of the tank end up getting less light even at the top of the tank.