Cool places to collect near Seaside/Cannon Beach/Astoria

This Sunday the family and I are taking a trip to the coast, Im only really familiar with the central Oregon coast near Florence and Newport.

We are going to be heading to Seaside first to see the Seaside Aquarium. After that I'm looking for good places to collect stuff for my coldwater tank near Seaside.

At this point I am really just scouting areas for after the tank cycles. I'll be looking to collect substrate and some larger rocks to start aquascaping the tank and get the cycle going. I may try and cycle it with some sculpins or something easily obtained with either a dip net or barbless hook and line.

Any recomendations or secret spots you wanna share?

There is a really cool tide pool at the end of short sands beach... It is a little walk to the beach from the oswald west state park parking lot but worth it. You may want to get a fish and wildlife book cause they just changed some of the stuff you can collect... That park is just a few miles from seaside just a mile past cannon beach happy hunting