Sump Questions

BrianB

I have a 55 gallon aga tank and wanted to make my baffles and such but wanted to go with acrylic panels. I have read that you should use glass for glass tanks and acrylic for acrylic tanks. Has anyone used acrylic in a glass tank and how did it hold up do you have pictures? Any help would be greatly welcomed.

I have a 40 breeder and have acrylic traps,skimmer box and a vented pump box. Just cust to fit and silicone them in. No problems yet. I did build some baffles in the acrylic sump for the reef ,using acrylic and siliconed them in. One of them didn't get a bead on the backside and it slipped. PM Nnewhouse..he has a thread from RC that walks you through siliconing a sump together in 2 hrs and works great.

I also have acrylic baffles in my glass sump. Havn't had any problems in two years. The silicon seems to stick to acrylic, but doesn't have any holding power. It will seal and stay in place with a bead on either side of the acrylic. IME