skimmer question

haywood

just got this skimmer from someone and dont know what kind it is and it did not come with a power head....i have a rio 1400 that i converted to push air into it....so if anyone can help with what model it is or if that rio is plenty of power it would help...thanks

[ATTACH]8301[/ATTACH]

post-6395-141867782462_thumb.jpg

its about 20" tall and about 5" wide....where the wter comes out of the pump i drilled a small hole and placed a an air tee...have a hose coming off the tee so it draws in air to makes air bubbles and it mixes with the water as it goes into the skimmer!!

Looks like a Pacific Coast Imports (PCI) skimmer or a coralife. What are the dimensions? Also how did you convert the rio?

It is not a coralife super skimmer. I have two of them, and this one is not it.

THe CSS has a red ring that is threaded to screw down the collection cup. I don't see a red ring.

dsoz

Well minus the red ring they are almost exact copies of each other. I've had both.

Might be a PCS200 or similar.

On that pump you should look into getting a needlewheel or meshmodding it. That will significantly increase the air and how finely they are chopped up. It will definitely increase the skimmers performance.