reflector metal

Smann

Does anyone know where to buy sheets of the aluminum "pebbled" reflector material. I am working on a MH mount in a light rack and want to enclose them the lenth of the rack...48"

I tried a short piece of the solar tube over the bulb and it projects "light lines", same with a similar reflector with the smooth finish. I tried a piece of the pebbled material and there are no lines at all

Hit up Charles(wannareef)' date=' I know he made his own. He should know.[/quote']

Thanks, I'll watch for him

I used to buy from Pacific Metal in portland. If they are still in busness.

I found thier website it list Aluminum Light Sheet, is that the "pebbled" kind or smooth

Thanks for the tip

They are the suplier of all the hi end stuff. You should think about stainless. It will hold up for the long run but it will cost you more money. But remember you can buy as thin a material as they have. All you care about is high gloss in the stainless. If it is just a reflector.

Steve, Pacific Metal is not far from you out in Tualatin (Next to the UPS hub there). They have scrap bins next to the desk that you can browse through and buy per pound for a decent price. Often they will even have full sheets that may just have a corner damaged as well. (they have both aluminum and stainless) I have an account there but unless I get a large quantity of regular material there will not be any savings.

We have it in 4' x 2' sheets.

I think it is about $49 per sheet.

Travis

Upscales

I'll stop by I asked a few months ago and you didnt have any, none of the other shops did either or knew where to get it

Thanks Travis