"q-tip sponges" good or bad?

mwheeler

I have had a small explosion of these things in my tank in there last couple days. And some other sponge looking material growing as well(they have a couple openings like sponges so I am guessing thats what they are). The "q-tips" are to small for me to get a good picture of with my crappy camera and the other is barley visible on some of my back rock so i cant get pictures of them. Should I worry or just leave them be?

Nice I will leave them be then. They are not the best looking but if they are good for the tank I am all for them lol.

You never know, over time they may look pretty cool. I have one that may be the same thing you have that has several branches that are around 1 1/2" long. A few months ago it was just a single branch sticking up 1/2" or so.

I realize that sponges are a sign of a healthy tank, I didnt realize that they were natural filters to, thats even better.

The sponges I have are very colorfull, black, pink, green, yellow, white, and red. There is allot more in this tank than any other tank I've had. Once they have grown big enouph I would concider trying a morish idol to see if it would last long enouph eating the sponge to get used to being fed food.