wave timers

Ron Popeil

i have two korrallia 4 evolutions that i would like to hook up to a wave timer. i currently have an aquacontroller 3 that would do it for me, but im using x10 modules....and when those turn on and off they click loudly.

do they make silent x10 modules?

so im looking into wave timers and would like some feedback on which people are using and are pleased with.

this natural wave timer seems like a good one...

http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories/744/Natural-Wave-Timer

but are there any other suggestions?

Are they K4? or Evolution 1400s? I havent seen any Koralias refered too as 4 Evolutions. The reason I ask is that the newer evolutions are wavemaker compatible, but the older ones were not. The K4s seem to click like you are describing. I have two of the new Evolution 1400s and they are absolutely silent when they turn on. They are on the JBJ Ocean Pulse Duo wavemaker. So far it has been a good product. I have had it for several years. The only complaint is that when the power goes out, you have to reset the time interval because it will come back on with both pumps running.

the x10 modules click every time they turn on and off, not the pumps. youre right though, the previous korallia models were not meant to turn on and off regularly....i have the evolutions which are meant to be used on wave makers...

i was just looking at the jbj wave maker moments ago and it certainly has my attention. i read the complaints about the power outtage reset thing. annoying, but not a deal breaker. one would think this would be an easy thing to fix for the manufacturer....?

thanks for the reply!

http://www.marinedepot.com/JBJ_Ocean_Pulse_Wavemaker_External_Wavemakers_for_Aquariums-JBJ_Lighting-JB6111-FIWMEW-4-vi.html

any other wave makers i might be missing?

My bad, I mis-read the post the first time. It is clear now.

If you watch Marine Depot ads, they have the JBJ Duo on sale every once in a while for $29.99. That is when I bought mine.

The power thing is slightly annoying, but it isn't hard to adjust to get it back right. I had another wavemaker that was the strip kind, but it was a pain to adjust the time interval and it seemed to reset itself about once a month. I cant remember the brand, but it was similar to the Zilla. It eventually burned out, thank goodness.