Ph probe calibration

grassi

I did it today and I was out about 0.5 looking at the history.

I have the lab grade probe

.5 seems like a large number-IMO, how long since you calibrated?

And how do you know it was off that far?

The Apex is the first probe that Ihave came across in calibrating you let it sit until it settles and the hit "OK" then it takes you to the next solution 10 in my case, soak, settle "OK"

It is. I noticed it comparing the graphs. Looks like my curve did move up. Same variation, just upper in the graph. So I corrected the function for the kalkwasser stirring. I knew I was out about that amount. And after calibration it was confirmed.

In the Apex you don't have to hit "OK" but "SETUP" (central round button). If you it "OK" it won't update the new reading, but just skip the setup.

I also suggest to the Apex owners to turn off the temp correction before to start the calibration or it could take forever and never stop for the small temp variations.

I don't have a schedule for calibrating, I just do it when I notice the values are not in the range they are supposed to be. Which is pretty easy to notice if you have a ph alert on the controller